Skip to main content

Chapter 14- Don't uglies have right to Love? - Healing Together.


Next day grandma was getting shifted back to her room while Jai wrapped her eyes with a cloth saying he has surprise for her.He took her in wheel chair to her room,where Dhwani was waiting with her camera opened to capture her reactions.

He took off the cloth from her eyes,she became speechless,putting both hands on her mouth she said,Oh my God! How you did this and when? Jai replied,I just helped,it was Dhwani's idea.Grandma was full of emotions feeling like she was back at home,she looked around for a while with spark in her eyes.She paused on the picture of her and grandpa,she missed him and by now she had tears in her eyes of joy.

Dhwani noticed and came near her,sat in front of her on knees taking her hands in hers said,this is what all you missed right? Grandma replied,yes it is more than what I missed or wished,come here Jai.She hugged both of them saying,I had a grandson since forever but now I have you also.You both made my day really special.She kissed them on their cheeks blessing them with all the happiness in the world.

She got shifted back to her bed,Dhwani asked her to share more stories with her giving her old picture album of hers.Grandma replied,Why not? They both sat at opposite sides of bed and grandma was in middle turning pages of album,telling stories behind every picture,first album was of her childhood with her parents,having pictures where she was playing gilli danda,playing kanche,eating puchka,pictures from prize distributing ceremony when she stood first in her class,few were from her visiting fate with her parents and many more.They both laughed seeing grandma with two braids in school dress on which she told them,she loved her braids and didn't let anyone touch her braids in school.

Next one was her wedding album,darling told them how she agreed to marry grandpa without even seeing his picture as she got to know,he has refused to take any dowry as he believed giving away your girl is a very big deal,why ask for more.Dhwani asked,tell me more stories,about how you both fell in love even though it was arrange marriage.She had a different spark telling stories about she fell in love as she was back down the memory lane living those moments with grandpa again.

Darling started by saying,I can say that I fall for him on very first day when he refused to take dowry,I always wanted to marry the person of my choice but somehow out of everything he became my choice because of his greatness.My friends told me,at least see the picture,he could be bald or not handsome as you have ever thought to marry the person.But I refused to everything,I had his image in my heart of kindness which was enough for me to see his beauty.Dhwani had a child like smile on her face with big eyes asked then?.We got married and started our life together,he asked me to become friends first before we actually become husband and wife to each other.

It was little things that made me fall for him more day by day,like your grandpa leaving note in the kitchen telling me that I am an amazing wife in the world,sometimes he would bring me rose along with vegetables,he would take off if I get sick,he used to help me in cooking,he would take my hand to dance on his favourite songs and a lot more.The things he used to do to make me feel loved are uncountable,he was the perfect man,I never regret my decision,he loved me a little more than my parents so I don't miss them a lot.He was beautiful soul,he always made everyone learn that share love with each one of the person you meet in the journey of your life.

Suddenly doctor came in interrupting their conversation,asked grandma,How ars you feeling now? She replied,better.The doctor looked around the room with surprised eyes.Grandma asked him,Isn't this beautiful? It gives me home like feeling.The doctor smiled and replied,that's amazing,now take some rest you have to recover fast now.She smiled back.They all left the room,doctor stopped Jai and said,It's great idea to make her feel like she is at home,it will help her in recovering fast as she will be happy from inside.Jai smiled and told the doctor that It was Dhwani's idea.The doctor gave her handshake saying well done.

They went upstairs to practice,Jai started with practicing chords as he still was getting confused unable to remember everything at once.He kept practicing while Dhwani was guiding him on his mistakes and tried made him learn every chord without confusion.Meanwhile Jai asked her,Dhwani do you know how to braid? She replied yes but doesn't seems your hairs could be braided.They both laughed,Jai replied,stop pulling my leg,I was asking because I am thinking to braid darling's hair as she used to braid in her childhood.Dhwani showing his her braided hairs saying like this one? He replied yes.

She started upbraiding her hairs,she has long smooth hairs which she used to keep as braided all the time.Jai looked at her long hairs and her face that looked different with untied hairs,the wind was blowing making her hairs waving here and there,few strands fall on her face,she kept adjusting her hairs asked Jai,will you keep looking at my messy hairs or will you come here and try braiding my hairs.She was sitting at cemented block,while he stood beside her.She asked him to do like she directs.

She asked him to make half partitions as grandma had two braids one on each side.He pulled her hairs strongly,She said oouch! Jai became nervous saying sorry,it's my first time.She laughed,it's okay it didn't hurt much.Now listen to me carefully,take left hand side hairs divide them into three equal parts,he was doing same as she was directing.Now,Cross the left section over the middle section.Jai did the right section,she interrupted Jai,not this I said left section.He said okay I got this,done now? So,it's right section turn cross it over middle section.He replied done,it seems like small section of braid.Dhwani replies,yes now continue in this manner,first left over middle then right over middle,repeat till the length.He kept doing the same and asked for rubber band to hold it together saying done.

Jai took out his cellphone opening the front camera passed her saying check and tell me hows it? Dhwani looked at her half braid,few strands were falling out as he hasn't tightened it much replied,Nice well try Jai,now practice the same on other side.He braided her leftover portion with little help of her this time.Then she again looked into camera,this time it was perfect,she said great job man! She took her both braids and tied them as single ponytail.

Jai asked her,will you keep it like this? She responded,I'll untie it later, she start packing her stuff to leave for home,while Jai asked,Can I say something,if you don't mind? Dhwani,we are friends now,you don't have to take my permission every time to speak your heart out Jai, c'mon.He smiled and said,you look beautiful in untied hairs,why don't you keep your hairs open? She replied smilingly thanks for the compliment.He smiked back.

Later in that night,she reached home,got freshen up and changed her clothes.She went to lose her ponytail,looked into the mirror touching her braids for the brief period thinking about Jai,how he said she looks beautiful in open hairs,she thought to herself,no matter if he likes my opened hairs,I could consider that some other day but today I can't upbraid them,this is really cute braid by him.She kept the braids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2 Book Review: Love Lasts Forever, Only if you don't marry your love By Vikrant Khanna ❤️

     Love Lasts Forever, only if you don't marry your love is a story about true love, understanding, mistakes, regrets, sacrifices and a second chance. Do you believe in love at first sight? it is always a curious question. Ronit falls in love with Aisha, in the first meeting at his naval college graduation day. 7 years passed with two love birds sitting at the seashore away from the storms until they decided to board the ship of marriage. Soon after the marriage, the black clouds surrounded their sea of happiness and once who looked like an angel to Ronit became a red-eyed devil and the whole concept of love & marriage became a sham to him.     Ronit found himself regretting every single day to marry Aisha and finally thought of getting a divorce. But before he could have taken the most regrettable decision of his life, he got to listen to the heart wrenching love story of Shekhar, ship's Captain, who still madly loves his wife, after 3 decades, despite having

#1 Book Review: The Kite Runner By Khaled Hosseini ❤️

The Kite Runner is a story beyond the imagination of sufferings, betrayal, fate, loyalty and redemption, about two Afghan friends, Amir and Hassan, whose life got completely changed, after a kite-fighting tournament, unimaginably and before anything could have been reversed, Russian invades and took over Afghanistan, their separation led them to a destination, where everything shattered, but still, a little hope gave them the meaning of their own life. The words don't put you through the turmoil of emotions, but would also, make you realise about yourself, How many of us have committed something wrong but did nothing about it? except for the regret. most of us, at some moment. This story would tell you, there's always a way to be good again, you need the courage to stand against your own fears of facing your inner demon. The story will wrench your hearts in bits, when you'll realise, how grateful you should have been about what you had, which most of the kids st

Chapter 24- Don't uglies have right to Love? - Life happens with everyone.

Next Day,They decided to practice at Dhwani's place and meanwhile they would be able to celebrate her birthday with her family. Jai asked Miss Rozy for favor one more day,she smiled and replied,anything for you and grandma.He became so happy after hearing this,he already have told grandma about the invitation.He went back and found doctor around her checking her regular observations.Jai asked How is she doing? Doctor smiled,the reports are really good,she is showing positive response.I am glad to see such response at her age.Jai thanked doctor.He left saying,keep up good care of her. After doctor left,grandma said,see I am getting better,you don't need to be around me always.Jai go ahead and live your life to fullest.He told her, I love to be around you,only you have insisted me that's why I asked  Miss Rozy and she said she could stay with you.He hold grandma's hand and said,I wish you could join us too.I speak over phone to Dhwani,she was saying also,it wo