Skip to main content

Chapter 27- Don't uglies have right to Love? - Breaking Down.


Jai skipped few stairs running downstairs,jumped from last few and entered into darling's room in panic.The doctor and nurses were gathered around her,the nurse was telling Doctor continuously readings from the device attached to grandma's body,unable to understand anything he asked what happened? Please tell me.The doctor instructed,to wait outside,he can't stay inside nurse,make him wait outside,the doctor almost shouted at nurse as  Jai was creating panic inside.Miss Rozy took him outside telling him,please keep patience wait here.

Dhwani came downstairs grasping everything happening around,saw Jai peeping into room from small window,she tapped on his shoulder,he turned around and asked in panic,Dhwani please tell me what's going on? She didn't say anything,her face became dull and dry tears made their patches on her cheeks.He asked,please tell me,why you were crying.She didn't said anything.He made his voice loud,Why anyone isn't telling me anything? Say something Dhwani.She started crying and said,Jai she got a heart stroke.He looked at her blank face said,Dhwani but she was fine,her reports were good,doctor told me even this morning,she is doing great and will get discharged soon.

Dhwani tried to hold him to calm him down,he jerked off her hand saying,this is not possible,you are lying.She was about to get discharged,this couldn't be true.Dhwani tried to hold him again to make him calm down said,Jai listen to me,look at me,She will get recover soon.Doctors are doing their job,you please relax.You are not normal,please listen to me.He kept jerking off her and started shouting,you are telling me lie again,she will recover soon,Damn can't you see,she is slipping away from me every passing minute,my family,and my everything is drowning slowly.

Dhwani put full force of her and hugged him,to calm him down.The moment,she hugged him and said,Jai please calm down,please.She was all crying hugging him.Jai broke down in her arms saying,I can't bear to lose her,Dhwani I can't lose her.It's like,I am dying every second,saying everything,he went down on his knees crying losing all control over his emotions and body,Dhwani went down with him without losing her grip on him,he kept crying while she kept whispering in his ears,Jai everything will be alright,everything will be alright,repeatedly.He kept crying in her arms.

After a while,the doctor came out of the room and said,Jai she is fine now,it was mini-stroke but as you know her condition,she is so weak to fight against even minor one,somehow situation is under control,but this is bad news regarding her survival chances,Jai said meanwhile but her reports were good doctor.Doctor replied,I know Jai but it was just 50-50 chances of plasma treatment being working on her,sometimes it works initially afterwards shows no effects,this is just one of those times when it didn't work out well,Jai just keep pateince.Try to face the reality,please take care,then doctor looked at Dhwani,Please take care of him.He asked,Doctor how much time she is left with? Doctor replied,I really can't tell Jai.We are trying our best,But please tell me how many days she is left with? Jai insisted.He replied,may be just two-three nights,I am sorry.She is resting now,you'll be able to meet her after an hour,patted his back to show condolence with him,doctor went away.

Dhwani made him sit on the bench and went to take glass of water for him.She came back,and found Jai peeping inside the room through small window.She went beside her and said,Jai everything will be all right,don't worry.He looked at her,Dhwani nothing is ever going to be all right,when I start living,life comes up with its own way of telling me,I can't live.I was happy, and see what has come next to me.

Dhwani passed him glass of water and replied,Jai don't give up hopes,look at bright side,she has lived her life wonderfully with you and initially there wasn't any hopes of her getting through the days till her birthday but she did,you know why because her last wish will definitely get fulfilled.Let's make rest of days of her life memorable.Jai was lost.She asked,Jai don't you want to see her smile in her last times? Jai replied,yes you are right,making her live her best moments out of left ones was always the motive.It's not the time to get weak.Dhwani took his hands in hers telling him,I am with you Jai,always.

Miss rozy interrupted them telling she is awake now and they can see her.They both rushed into the room,Jai went beside her holding her hand while Dhwani stood on other side.Jai said,how are you now? Grandma was always beautiful and strong lady.She replied with smile,I am alive.Jai replied,darling you scared me,no more jokes like this.She tried to laugh but it was half-laugh because of her condition.She said,Jai life will never give you chance to live and smile,you have to steal those moments for yourself,out of all the mess.I don't know whether,I have today,tomorrow or day after tomorrow but I know,I want the life beyond that for you.You have to be strong for me,Jai.You have to fight against all the odds with or without me,I will always be seeing you through the clouds.I don't want to see you like this,I still remember when you were just born and you used to hold my finger with your little ones and smile at me,making all my worries dissappeared.I want you to hold me like that in my last times.He had tears by now,he wiped off his tears and said darling I'll do whatever you wish,I will be your strong child.

Dhwani got also emotional and had tears,darling looked at her and said,you made our lives easier,you gave us strength to swim across the odds,I want you to be strength of Jai,please promise me,after I'll go,you will be with him.She took her hands and said,I promise darling,I'll be with him.I do.

Jai said,tomorrow is your birthday,so now please birthday girl should take rest.She smiled back.They both went out of the room,Jai said,it's been late,you should go home.She replied,I am staying over.He said,you don't really have to then took a pause and hugged her,without saying anything for a while kept hugging her,then said,I need you,I can't do this alone,please stay.She smiled and said,Dinner? He replied,I am not hungry.Dhwani replied,empty stomach is not happy stomach.You are coming with me to eat something and now you are my responsibility,I will take care of you.Now hold my finger,give me a smile and make my hunger go away by eating with me.He smiled.

Dhwani called Mehr informing about everything said,she will be staying there and asked her to come along with maa and Aadi on time for grandma's birthday.She replied,I will pray for her.Mehr Di asked,How's Jai? He is lost,Di.I need to be with him,I can't see him breaking apart like this.Even,I am on verge of breaking down seeing him sobbing.Di replied,Dhwani stay strong,he needs you,you have to be his support.She replied,Yes Di see you tomorrow,he isn't eating anything,I should go.Di said,Take care of him.

Jai was sitting on bench starring the food,while Dhwani reached at the table said,Jai staring will not feed your stomach.He didn't replied.She tore a bite of chappati and started feeding him with her hands.After two bites,he said,I am done.Dhwani replied,No ways,still so many bites are left.He said,Dhwani seriously I am done.Dhwani looked at him and said,one bite for grandma? He took that bite for her.

Jai was resting on couch seeing grandma sleeping peacefully when Dhwani entered into the room with two cups of coffee.She didn't want to disturb his moment,she stopped at gate looking at both of them and thought,why would on this earth,people who are so lovable have to go through so much pain.Jai saw her and asked her,come in,why are you standing there.She came in and sat beside him passing him cup of coffee.Both started looking at darling with eyes just filled with so much love for her,Jai said,How I will manage my life without her.Dhwani replied,Jai she is reason for that,live for her.She wants you to keep smiling,no matter what,you have lived for her and yourself,keep living like that.Look Jai,we are here and out of all the unfortunates,we still get to fulfill her last wish,that's a wonderful last gift,you can give to her.He smiled and said,When I hear you,everything becomes so easy and bearable.Thanks for staying with me,saying this he bent her head on her shoulder,looking at grandma,sitting at couch slowly they both went into sleep.

Dhwani woke up early and saw Jai sleeping on her shoulder holding her hand,she moved little to not to disturb him and checked out nearest best bakery and ordered grandma's favourite pineapple cake,also she searched for flowers,balloons and other items from the list and made order online for everything.Suddenly Jai woke up,he looked at him and said,oh! I am so sorry,I don't know when I went into sleep on your shoulder.You should have woke me up,She said relax,it's her birthday with excitement in her eyes.Jai replied,but I totally forgot to order anything,now we have to run before she wakes up,I want to give her favourite flowers as soon as she opens her eyes for her day.

Dhwani's phone beeped,it was a message from florist.He looked at her smiling face said what's in the morning? She replied,Florist is coming in 5 minutes with white orchids and I have ordered everything,just go and get freshen up.He replied,you are the best and went off to freshen up.Dhwani went downstairs to pick up the flowers.

She entered into room,found darling moving trying to get up on the bed.Jai also came back in room,She handed over the flowers to him,went near to her,helped her to sit and closed her eyes saying,wait for morning surprise.Jai came closer to her hiding behind the big bouquet of white orchids,started singing "Happy Birthday to you",Dhwani joined him.

She asked,Vikram is this you? Jai came out from behind the bouquet,His face fall off thinking how she is still expecting her son to be here with her in her last times and he has never got time for her in his entire life but then he thought to himself,I will not let any sadness come near her.He said,it's your junior Vikram who loves you more than senior Vikram and have pretty knowledge about your favourite flowers also,darling.Darling and Dhwani started laughing,because the name slip got pasted on his forehead on which it was written beautiful lady.He asked what happened? They both kept laughing saying,hye beautiful lady.He noticed and took it off his forehead and said,you both won't stop making fun of me.They both said in unison,Never.Three of them shared laugh together after the big night,sailing through the storms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#2 Book Review: Love Lasts Forever, Only if you don't marry your love By Vikrant Khanna ❤️

     Love Lasts Forever, only if you don't marry your love is a story about true love, understanding, mistakes, regrets, sacrifices and a second chance. Do you believe in love at first sight? it is always a curious question. Ronit falls in love with Aisha, in the first meeting at his naval college graduation day. 7 years passed with two love birds sitting at the seashore away from the storms until they decided to board the ship of marriage. Soon after the marriage, the black clouds surrounded their sea of happiness and once who looked like an angel to Ronit became a red-eyed devil and the whole concept of love & marriage became a sham to him.     Ronit found himself regretting every single day to marry Aisha and finally thought of getting a divorce. But before he could have taken the most regrettable decision of his life, he got to listen to the heart wrenching love story of Shekhar, ship's Captain, who still madly loves his wife, after 3 decades, despite having

#1 Book Review: The Kite Runner By Khaled Hosseini ❤️

The Kite Runner is a story beyond the imagination of sufferings, betrayal, fate, loyalty and redemption, about two Afghan friends, Amir and Hassan, whose life got completely changed, after a kite-fighting tournament, unimaginably and before anything could have been reversed, Russian invades and took over Afghanistan, their separation led them to a destination, where everything shattered, but still, a little hope gave them the meaning of their own life. The words don't put you through the turmoil of emotions, but would also, make you realise about yourself, How many of us have committed something wrong but did nothing about it? except for the regret. most of us, at some moment. This story would tell you, there's always a way to be good again, you need the courage to stand against your own fears of facing your inner demon. The story will wrench your hearts in bits, when you'll realise, how grateful you should have been about what you had, which most of the kids st

Chapter 24- Don't uglies have right to Love? - Life happens with everyone.

Next Day,They decided to practice at Dhwani's place and meanwhile they would be able to celebrate her birthday with her family. Jai asked Miss Rozy for favor one more day,she smiled and replied,anything for you and grandma.He became so happy after hearing this,he already have told grandma about the invitation.He went back and found doctor around her checking her regular observations.Jai asked How is she doing? Doctor smiled,the reports are really good,she is showing positive response.I am glad to see such response at her age.Jai thanked doctor.He left saying,keep up good care of her. After doctor left,grandma said,see I am getting better,you don't need to be around me always.Jai go ahead and live your life to fullest.He told her, I love to be around you,only you have insisted me that's why I asked  Miss Rozy and she said she could stay with you.He hold grandma's hand and said,I wish you could join us too.I speak over phone to Dhwani,she was saying also,it wo